Risottos are very good option when having a special dinner or lunch. It is very versatile and it always gives us the chance to surprise someone if it is well done. A strange combination of flavours is always attracting to people, and this time, it isually is a success. It is a very soft and delicate flavour. Moreover with this recipe, you can understand a bit better the dynamics of the risottos, over than the basic one we saw.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 people):
- 1 big thinly chopped onion.
- 4 expresso cups full of arborio rice. (The rule specifies one cup per person and an extra bit. Moreover, the type of rice used in Italy is arborio rice, although Bomba rice is also good)
- 1.5 Liters of Chicken Broth.
- 200gr of gorgonzola cheese (otherwise you can use any other creamy blue cheese)
- 1 big pear.
- A glass full of martini bianco.
The preparation is very similar to the other basic risotto that I already presented. With this recipe you can already abstract the way risottos work, and then, with a bit of imagination and good combination of flavours you can try new ones!
- As the last time, the broth has to be hot (not boiling) so not to break the cooking process of the rice.
- In the pan (a big one) where we will finish the process, we sautée the onion with a couple spoonfulof olive oil. We add some salt so the onion sweets.
- When the onion is golden and transparent, add the rice.
- When the rice is transparent, add the martini and higher up the heat. The martini is one of the most important ingredients that make it so special.
- When the alcohol is gone, we lower down the heat and in low heat we cook the rice with the broth. Add it slowly and incorporate more when evaporated. This process should take around 15 min.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the pear, and cook it with a spoon of butter in a pan.
- Once the broth is gone, add the gorgonzola and the pear.