viernes, 1 de abril de 2011

Chickpeas with Cuttlefish


Lately I am really busy writting my thesis. Goddamn science these days, but... whatever! it’s almost over. So, with all this mess, each minute is very valuable. 

During the weekdays I am so busy and tired that I do not feel much like cooking for the day after, so, I love having frozen packed lunches to take to work and prepare nothing the day before.

Not much ago I already showed you one of my favourites, lentils. But we cannot be eating chorizo everyday, and therefore, my friend Alfonso suggested me this idea. I have never tried to cook this stew, but I have to say that it is really easy and tasty. The perfect packed lunch I’d say: as complete as the lentils and with the fish flavour that I love!

INGREDIENTS (for 5 lunches)
  • 500g of chickpeas
  • A big cuttlefish (400g approx)
  • 3 big peeled and unseeded tomatoes.
  • 1 big onion (grated or finely chopped)
  • 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
  • 12 minced pealed almonds.
  • 3 Bay leafs
  • 2 red hot chilli peppers
  • 500ml of fish stock.

PREPARATION:
  1. Place the chickpeas in water the night before in a big bowl. Caution because chickpeas will double their size, so, try to use a big bowl and lots of water.
  2. In a big pot, and at medium heat, cook the onion with the garlic. Onced golden, add the chopped tomatoes and cook. Add salt and pepper.
  3. When the veggies are cooked (after 5 minutes) add the cuttlefish cut into dices of a couple of centimeters, that you can have in the spoon when eating.
  4. Once the cuttlefish is cooked, add the chickpeas and higher up the heat. Spin it for a couple of minutes and then lower back the heat to medium.
  5. Add the fish stock and a couple of glasses of water. Add the bayleaf and the red hot chili peppers. I recommend not to cut the peppers, so you can get them out easily when cooked.
  6. Now let the stew cook covered for an hour and a half or until the chickpeas are soft.

Bon profit!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario