This is one of my winter favourites, as they are dense, filling and make you warm. The recipe is very simple and with amazing results! Nothing fancy, but useful and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 500g of lentils.
- 2 peeled carrots.
- 1 big onion, peeled and cut in half.
- 1 big red pepper, cut into quarters without the seeds.
- 1 big green pepper, cut into quarters without the seeds.
- Half chorizo (I specially love the spicy)
- 3 peeled tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- The bone of an Iberic Ham.
- In a big pot, put together two and a half liters of water together with the lentils and the vegetables. CAUTION: you do not need to let the lentils in water overnight, and I like them like this, a bit hard in the core.
- When the water starts boiling, watch the veggies, and take them as they become tender into the food processor bowl. Normally the order is: tomatoes, peppers, onions, and carrots.
- Make a puree out of them and add to the lentils soup, together with the ham bone. Add salt and olive oil.
- After 15 minutes, add the chorizo. Take out all the floating grease coming out from the ham and the chorizo.
- Now, you have to wait for 30.45 min (depending on the lentils). In case they run out of water, add half glases as necessary.