This recipe is quite easy, and the result surprising. At the begining I trully though that adding bacon to tomato sauce was not a great contribution to the cooking world, but done properly it’s amazing!
INGREDIENTS (4 persons):
- 100 g of pork belly or bacon
- 100 g of pecorino cheese (or parmesan)
- 400 g of pasta.
- 400 g pureed tomatoes.
- Half a glass of white wine
- A couple of spoons of white vinegar.
- Sautee the belly in an non-stickable pan at medium heat.
- When belly is getting golden, add the vinegar and the wine. It will absorve the grease and leave a nice flavour. Let the wine reduce.
- Add the tomatoes and let it reduce at medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce and sprinklewith the pecorino cheese.
- OPTIONS: Almost no italian will be offended if you throw some peperoncino when you sautee the belly.