However, desserts is one of the riskiest dishes, as like many professionals say, cooking is an art, confectionery is a science. Precision in the measurements and the cooking times are the ingredients to success. However I personally do not consider myself very precise when cooking and that is the reason why I love this recipe, because it is not very rigid.
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 250g of crushed digestive cookies.
- 600g of Philadelphia Cheese.
- 25ml of Baileys.
- 100g of casting sugar.
- 150ml of whipped cream.
- 150ml of creme fraîche (if you cannot find it, you can substitute it with another 150ml of whipped cream, although with creme fraiche is much tastier).
- 100g of grated dark chocolate.
- Mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter until homogeneous.
- Grease a cooking tin, and make a base with the cookie mix. Make sure that you also build a few milimeters in the walls to make your life easier when cutting and presenting. Let it rest in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the mix: beat the cheese with the creme fraiche until obtaining a soft cream. Add the Baileys and the suggar. Time to mix the whipped cream and the chocolate.
- Pour the mix into the cookie base. Let it rest for at least 3 hours in the fridge until it settles.
- OPTIONAL: You can decorate it with some whipped cream on top and sparking chocolate powder.